Wild Hills 4WD Safari
Come experience New Zealand's most authentic 4WD adventure. The perfect mix of incredible scenery, history, heritage and farming life. This will be a genuine highlight of your New Zealand holiday.
Explore remote and seldom travelled back roads of an authentic New Zealand High Country farm overlooking sparkling Lake Wanaka. Surrounded by snow-capped peaks, glaciers and wild river valleys you'll see farm animals including Red Deer, cattle and sheep up close and in their natural environment. Visit historical sites and experience what life was like for Wanaka's first farmers. Enjoy 2 optional walks through pristine alpine meadows and ancient lakeside forests.
This journey offers an unique insight into Wanaka’s rich history, heritage, modern-day farming life and breath-taking scenery.
- Get behind the scenes of a genuine New Zealand High Country farm.
- See farm animals (Alpaca, Red Deer, cattle and sheep) up close and in their natural environment.
- Incredible views of Lake Wanaka, snow-capped peaks and glaciers and wild river valleys.
- Enjoy an easy alpine meadow and lakeside forest walk (20 minutes each)
- Explore fascinating historical sites -a living museum to the areas pioneering farmers.
- Views across to LOTR and Hobbit locations
- Relax at our famous Alpine Cafe for refreshments - everyone guaranteed a window seat!!
- A photographers dream trip and perfect family adventure.
- Recently voted one of New Zealand's Top-10 experiences by Luxury Adventures
- Includes: refreshments.
- Minimum numbers apply.
- Private tours available on request.
- Please advise any medical conditions that may impact this tour at time of booking.
What to Bring:
- Sturdy Footwear
- Warm top
- Water bottle
Allow 4 hrs
8:30am and 1:30pm
Other times by arrangement.
We will collect you from your Wanaka accommodation.
Operates October - April only
All trips subject to weather and farming practices. We always choose the safest route on the day which may differ from the advertised product. Please check with us should you have weather concerns.
Child $127 (14 and under)
Private $1374 (1-6 passengers)