Wanaka Nature Encounter (Lake Cruise + Guided Island Walk + 4WD Safari)
If you only have one day to explore Wanaka then this full-day nature encounter showcases the best of Wanaka's raw natural beauty - all yours for a day.
- Morning boat cruise to Mou Waho Island Nature Reserve on Lake Wanaka
- Guided walk to summit to reveal island's secret - an island on top of an island!
- Personal audience with rare native birds including Weka, Bellbird, Wood pigeon and Tui
- Help the environment by planting your own native tree on the island
- Explore Wanaka's great cafes or restaurants (12:30 -1:30pm) between trips
- Afternoon: Enjoy a 4WD journey exploring the private backroads of an iconic Wanaka high country sheep, cattle and deer farm, stunning views, European heritage sites
- Enjoy a stroll through alpine meadows and ancient forests
- leisurely afternoon-tea in the mountains
- Views across to LOTR and Hobbit filming locations
- Includes: refreshments.
- We reserve the right to alter locations visited to suit weather conditions and farming practices.
- Minimum numbers apply.
- Private tours available on request.
- Please advise any medical conditions that may impact this tour at time of booking.
What to Bring:
- Sturdy Footwear
- Warm top
- Water bottle
Allow Full Day (8.5hrs)
8:45 am from your Wanaka accommodation
Year round however between May and September, as a safety precaution, the 4WD portion does not access the highest farm tracks due to snow and ice. We still visit the same private farm with incredible scenery and all the animals, history and nature walks so be assured if you travel during our winter you will still experience an amazing Wanaka Nature Encounter.
Child $277 (14 and under)
Private $2724 (1-6 passengers)
Child $420 (14 and under)
Private $3168 (1 -6 passengers)